Getting Warrant Information


There is no law saying that this information cannot be released.  This was a decision made by the current administration.  We, at this publication, feel that this decision is a disservice to the citizens of Bexar County.  It discounts all the people who are willing to turn themselves in.  Many people prefer the ability to control the situation rather than getting caught out on the street with their children in the car.  In the second case the car will be towed and if no one is available to come get them, your children will be taken to CPS.  And in exchange for what?  How many people who don’t want to be caught are going to go to the jail and say, “Hey, do I have a warrant”? 

The Bexar County Jail will release warrant information to anyone as long as the warrant is still active.  They will not give you information on warrants that have already been cleared.  Now the normal, logical person would think you should call Warrants to get warrant information but remember, this is the Bexar County Jail we are talking about. If you want warrant information you will have to call Central Records (210-335-6201).  You will need to have either a sid number or a name and date of birth for them to be able to look up the information.  They are available by phone 24/7.

Ask a Question or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.


  • admin  On April 17, 2014 at 4:27 am

    Adrian – As far as the bondsman, yes, they can get the information and get it all handled in advance so you can turn yourself in on your day off and not miss work. As far as the Sheriff is concerned, we are deeply disappointed with the extent to which she has made things harder for the family and friends of incarcerated individuals and for the general public. We recommend you remember the problems this administration caused when the 2014 elections come around.

  • admin  On April 17, 2014 at 4:33 am

    James – Answers to your questions would take us into the realm of giving legal advice, which we cannot do. We highly recommend that you contact an attorney.

  • admin  On April 28, 2014 at 4:20 am

    AB89 – It would help to know what the charge is. If it was just a ticket that you had to pay a fine on then you would need to contact the arresting agency to find out why there is still a warrant out on you. It it was something higher than a ticket then the penalty is more than just a fine.

  • Ashley  On May 13, 2014 at 6:15 pm

    How do they handle Hot checks if you get a warrant in mail? Can you make arrangements?

  • admin  On May 14, 2014 at 4:25 am

    Ashley – Call the District Attorney’s office and ask for the Hot Check section. They will be able to help you.

  • 5964  On June 27, 2014 at 3:08 pm

    I used to live in San Antonio for 17 yrs. I moved to another city and was looking for work and they did a background check on me and I was told I had a warrant “Theft by Check” issued on me by Bexar county
    how can I clear this up and have it taken off my record?
    I didn’t even know I had a returned check.
    But this has cost me an very important job and I really need to get this off my record. Please advise how I can get this removed from my personal records.

  • admin  On July 8, 2014 at 2:13 am

    5964 – Contact the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office at 210-335-2311. Ask for the hot check section. They will be able to help you.

  • kali  On July 10, 2014 at 9:26 am

    i was the co signer to get someone out of jail and they never went to their court date and never paid the rest of the bond does this mean i have a warrent out or wht happends to me?? im going to michigan on the 29th so i dont want anything to happen when im at the airport and my kids see me get takin away or something you no?? someone please lmk asap so i can get this all figured out!! thank you

  • Andy  On July 22, 2014 at 4:42 pm

    It’s probably something to it…but I called to see if I had a warrant because I was just going to be dropped off and turn myself in…rather than drive down there, get arrested, get my car towed..only to get back out…compiling a situation….smh…oh well, they wil make money off of both I guess…

  • admin  On July 31, 2014 at 3:59 am

    Andy – We think it’s ignorant not to give out warrant information over the phone so people can get things taken care of in the way you intended to do it. Unfortunately the jail under Sheriff Pamerleau has become extremely unfriendly to those trying to do what they can to get their situation taken care of.

  • admin  On August 1, 2014 at 7:49 pm

    Kali – That’s between you and the bond company. The county does not issue warrants out for bond co-signers. The bonds company will probably keep your money.

  • Nikole  On October 16, 2014 at 11:32 am

    Does anyone know the amount of time it usually takes for an inmate to get transferred from Bexar county to Atascosa county?

  • nikki  On October 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm

    If I didn’t pay a parking ticket, didn’t go to court and my csr got towed will I have a Warrent for my arrest? Can I just go in and pay my ticket?

  • admin  On October 18, 2014 at 12:42 am

    Nikki – Call whatever agency you got the tickets with. Speak to their department that handles tickets to set up a way to handle it. They would rather have the money than arrest you but if you just go without setting something up first they might arrest you.

  • mlp  On November 3, 2014 at 7:58 am

    Central Records just told me they don’t give out warrant information anymore…

  • admin  On November 7, 2014 at 11:15 am

    Mlp – That is correct. Sheriff Pamerleau’s administration has stopped giving that information. We consider this to be a great disservice to the community. That information is not required to be confidential. We hope everyone remembers this come next election.

  • Henry  On November 9, 2014 at 7:13 pm

    How can check see if I gt warrants

  • admin  On November 12, 2014 at 3:32 am

    Henry – The current sheriff has stopped the release of warrant information. We feel this is a disservice to the community but the only way that can be fixed is at the ballot box. For now you will need to call a bonds company to have them check for you.

Post a Comment

Required fields are marked *