The Front Desk handles multiple areas.  The officers there take in bonds.  They facilitate in person visits for attorneys.  They process people who have come to turn themselves in.  They deal with all kinds of questions regarding inmate property, inmate clothing and getting items to inmates.  They also help direct people to the correct areas.  If you go in to file a report they can tell you what extension to call.  (There is a phone on the Front Desk to make the call to the area they suggest).

If you have someone who has been arrested for not paying a ticket and you want to pay the fine you have to speak to the Front Desk officers.  The person arrested for tickets gets credit for the amount of time he’s been in jail which reduces the fine.  The Front Desk officers have to figure out how much time was spent in jail and how much that reduces the fine.

One of the main functions of the officers at the Front Desk is to control access to the jail for security purposes.

The Front Desk is a 24/7 operation.

Front Desk:  210-335-6300

95 thoughts on “FRONT DESK

    • admin

      Michelle – What kind of property? If it’s small stuff like keys, wallet, money and so on you will need to contact the Banking department at 210-335-6287. If it’s clothes you will need to contact the Front Desk at 210-335-6300.

  1. Mirta

    My friend is in county jail and her daughter needs her to sign a power of attorney giving her permission to handle her financial affairs. Are the inmates provided these services?

    • admin

      Sonia – The books have to come from the publisher. That means you have to find out published the book. It would be a company like Penguin Random House. Amazon is not a publisher.

  2. Ashley

    my husband owes 3,000 worth of tickets but he got locked up last yr and did his time and now they send him a warrant for his arrest cause he has’nt paid his tickets since a while back. if he owed so much would’nt they tell him he has to do more time cause he owes tickets?

  3. erika

    I recieved a call from a 210-207-2000 number. Spoke with sumone about a warrent for my arrest, but call was disconected. How do i get in contact with someone to sort this out or where do i go?

    • admin

      Erika – Contact Central Records at 210-35-6201. They can look up active warrant information unless it’s a ticket. Ticket information can be gotten from the agency that issued the ticket.

  4. Janet

    I have been receiving phone calls from the jail a night and this morning. I didn’t answer last night because I thought it was strange that my husband would call me at 330am because I know they are racked up at that time. But when I answered this morning I was on the line the whole 15min and nobody said anything like if it wasn’t him. Is there a number I can call to check if he is ok. I just saw him yesterday and won’t get visit till the weekend

      • melissa

        Who can i talk to about missing items from my purse. i just got back from property over by frio rd. they gave me my purse but when i checked my purse i noticed i was missing my cell phone wallet bank cards and set of four earring. they said they checked but nothing came out. where or who else can i speak with about my missing items???

      • admin

        Melissa – Call Banking at 210-335-6287. They are a 24/7 department. They have a vault where valuable items are kept. They may have your missing items.

        We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  5. Derek

    My friend got locked up and he was holding the keys to my rental vehicle. How do I go about getting those back? I need to return the car but need the keys.

    • admin

      Derek – Contact the Banking department at 210-335-6287. They are a 24/7 department. They are also the department that holds non-clothing personal items.

  6. Monique

    I went in to visit my brother today, I was not let in because of my pants. They apparently were “spandex”. I get that I can follow rules no issue with that. My issue is that the Sheriff on duty and the asian looking woman at the medal detector station, were extremely rude and unprofessional. The sheriff asked me “what is that” what is what I had no idea what he was asking about and said to him “pants”. Mind you this is my very first time ever stepping foot in that filthy place I had no idea I need to come prepared to give the materials used to make my clothes. He responded to me very rudely “duh, I know there pants, what kind of material is it”, “I don’t know” and he said “pull them” so I did and he said they were spandex so they were not allowed. I said ok and walked away. The asian woman laughed and in a mocking tone repeated “huh pants, duh”. I had NO right to be treated in this manner what so ever! It was extremly humiliating! To be treated this way infront of others or any other time is not ok. I am a well know member of my community, have friends who are judges and detectives. I am not going to rest until this is addressed. It was inappropriate, unprofessional behavior and uncalled for. If anyone knows the names of those peiple on duty today around 6pm please post here since I’ve been calling for the past hour and noone picks up at that front desk. I should have got their names before I left, I was just so shocked at their behavior and humiliated that I didn’t want to turn back.

    • admin

      Monique – You were treated unprofessionally. We will not post the names of the individuals on this website but what I recommend you do is call the Sheriff. No, you will not actually be allowed to speak to her but you can file a complaint in that office. As long as you have the date and time they should be able to get real close to figuring out who the culprits were. All they have to do is check the roster for that day. I haven’t seen many Asians there so I suspect that female will be easy to determine. She in turn should be able to give the name of the officer.

      You can contact the Sheriff’s Administration at 210-335-6010. If you prefer to send a letter the address is: 200 North Comal, San Antonio, Texas 78207.

  7. victoria

    hi, i have a 14 yr old son and he has been getting himself into a lot of trouble lately. I was hoping if there was a program where he can get a jail tour to see how it’s like to be sent to jail. is there any type of programs like that?

    • admin

      Victoria – The jail hasn’t had that program for a long time. However, it never hurts to ask. You can always give them a call to encourage them to start it up again.

  8. Don J

    Just to bring a couple of things up to date as of last weekend when i was there: Notary Services are “only” Wednesday and Friday, according to a bulletin on the board that the front desk officer suggested I read. I was required to put the documents into either the inmate’s or notary’s hands by mail or fax respectively, and they then obtained the signature and mailed the Power of Attorney back to me. They are very quick and in two cases in the past week they have done the job either the same day or the very next. I did not notice any preference for any specific day of the week. There is another bulletin addressing property sign-out. It gives days and times (which I believe was every day from 4 to 7 or something quite similar, with the exception of cash for bail and car keys to retrieve the impounded vehicle’s keys, which were not subject to the time restriction. I believe there were early hours also, but cannot remember the specifics.

    On the subject of visitation: I was informed that I cannot visit two prisoners on the same day unless I was family from out of town. Ooops! Pardon me, no second visit in the same week, not just the same day.

    Final caveat: Check with the institutions where you intend to manage the inmate’s accounts in order to make sure the institution will accept the jail’s version. If you have one from an online lawyer website, you should vet it with the bank. Had I been as wise before as I am now, I would have gone to the bank first then gotten their version, then sent that. A little preparation will save time and money.

  9. Stephanie J

    I know that pictures are allowed, but i was curious is little drawings were as well?
    Nothing major, just a little scribble on asheet of paper by a 3 year old?

    Also, is there a limit on how long the letter can be, like paper limit?

  10. Micia

    This number 210)207-2000 has called my child’s phone 3 times this morning. I googled the number. Does this number belong to SAPD?

  11. J

    I habe to pick up my husbands property when they do the property release process do they run my name for warrants of any kind?

  12. DANA


    • admin

      Dana – Some psychiatric disorders manifest in the late 20s. It’s really tough on the family who has watch the change in their family member. We feel for you. His condition is not something easily hidden especially since he is not on his medications (quite a few of which have very uncomfortable side-effects). They will be able to tell he has issues. It may already be noted in his file since he’s been there multiple times.

  13. GB

    I missed a call today from 210-207-2000 on my work phone. No message. Who owns this line? I Googled the number and a lot of people said it’s the number that shows up when someone is in jail and is trying to call out. I don’t know anyone who is in jail and nobody really has my work number so I’m not sure who could be trying to reach me.

  14. deanna

    Hi I was wondering if I have a traffic warrant from another county in Texas, not close to bexar county, and I go visit an inmate, will I get arrested?

      • Estrella

        Due I have to pay to get my property out , lol. It’s funny how they say u got to freaking pay to have yr things released to you…… They take money as it is already that has never happened n if so I’m. Gunna call channel 5 and report this scam…. Trust me u will … Gracias 👍

      • admin

        Estrella – We haven’t heard of there being a charge to get your property out. But it is possible that they may hold property if money is owed. Things like damaged jail property or medical services performed can cause an individual to owe money. We recommend you contact the Banking section at 210-335-6287 to find out what is happening. They are a 24/7 department.

        We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  15. deanna

    Oh and I just talked to someone in the banking department about picking up property and only m-f 8am – 11am and 4pm-7pm. Hope that’s helpful.

  16. luke

    Recieved a call from 2102072000.. At 3:41am this morning. looked it up and its SAPD.. BuT alot of people said its spam number,Is that true? Or is it really SAPD? By the way when i answered all i heard was static and mumbles..

  17. Monica

    My nephew was arrested 4 days ago for not going to his AAA class, but he reported that he wasnt going and now he’s in jail with a 40,0000 Bond the poor guy has gone through enough,and personally that is uncalled for. What can I do?

  18. Alexis

    Need to know the phone number to call and talk to someone about whether or not I am on the visiters list. How do I find that info out.

    • admin

      Alexis – They do not release that information. You need to either ask him to put you on the list when you speak to him or mail him a letter telling him to add you to the list.

  19. liz

    my husband recently got charged with a third degree felony for choking he has a warrant out for his arrest but not been arrested this is his first offense never been in trouble before except for a small traffic ticket that turned into a warrant if he were to turn himself in will he be eligible for a PR bond he is our only source of income and has medical problems such as bipolar anxiety and depression he does not have a steady finance no our insurance to help with medical issues nor have the money to get a bondmen. If he’s not eligible for a PR bond how long does he have to stay in jail to be released

    • admin

      Liz – We have been told that P.R. bonds are not given out for felonies but we have also heard that they have given them out for felonies. We recommend that you call P.R. bonds to see what they can do for your family. Their number is 210-335-6315.

  20. Justine

    My husband has been in Bexar county since August he went through his first evaluation and told doctor he was sane dosebt need any treatment when truth is his been diagnosed in past and was also receiving disability till he stated working. He’s been trying to put a medical release form in for me but they always tell me he hasn’t he even sent me one first time but we find out it was supposed to go to them…how could I go about doing it?? He says its cuz his offense they don’t want to help people with his charge he’s in protective custody and not allowed to do much he says also he wants to sign power of attorney over to me how could I get that faster I only have a couple weeks I want them to see his medical history before he goes to court please help…

    • admin

      Sarah – Do you mean the photo I.D. photo that the jail takes? If so, you can go to the Front Desk at the main jail. There is a person from Central Records that sits there who will be able to help you. They are open to the public Mon – Fri, except for holidays, 7:00 am – 6:30 pm.

  21. maria

    My husband was arrested yesterday. He said they are sending him to a rehab. He didn’t say nothing else. How can I find out where he is, and information on visiting.

    • admin

      E – She will need to go to the Front Desk to let them know that she needs the inmate to sign over a check to her. She can also call Human Services to see if they can help her. 210-335-6335.

    • admin

      Jimmy – We are not the Bexar County jail. We are a private website that tries to help people who have to deal with the jail. Contact Central Records at 210-335-6201. You will need his name and date of birth.

  22. derek

    I was arrested for theft about a week ago. My wife was at the mall and stole a soda. The clerk grabbed her backpack and purse, she got away and I went back to get the back pack (because it had my phone and other belongings in it). I was arrested for the theft and the police took the bag to some property room they said was on the southside. And also said the property would be in her name. What is the adress and phone # to that property room. And can I be the one to pick up the property?

    • admin

      Derek – We’re not sure on this one. If you went to the jail then property would have been taken there. Contact Banking at 210-335-6287.

  23. R G

    I was arrested Saturday night and when I was released on Sunday morning, I was not given my purse. I’ve called ever phone number given to me then I was told it COULD be at 200 n comal. I was in a holding cell on Frío street, – a bexar county officer arrested me. Where and whom do I need to contact? I have medications in my purse along with credit cards etc. please help, as I’ve never been arrested.

  24. Drie

    My dad was arrested for a warrant but had a payment plan already going he got moved to county within one day and was told he had no bond, what is the best thing I can do I really need answers.

    • admin

      Drie – Get with his attorney. There was a reason his charges went to warrants. The attorney needs to find out what that reason was. He may be able to get the judge to reinstate a bond.

  25. Anita

    My son is suppose to transfer to Gaza unit. How can I find out when? And I need to pick up his belongings. Where do I go?

    • admin

      Anita – Transfer information is not released for security reasons. You won’t find out until after the fact. You just need to call Central Records daily to ask if he is still there. The day they say they do not have him in custody is when you can pick up his belongings.

  26. Randy

    My brother was arrested two weeks ago for a DWI (he wrecked his vehicle) and a possession charge (both misdemeanors). He was on probation at the time and is being remanded without bond. We have hired an attorney and he has spoken to the judge about setting a bond and placing him on an ankle monitor. How can I find out his status? Also, he needs his glasses (blind without them). We have them with us but dont know how to get them to him. Could you point me in the right direction?

    • admin

      Randy – The glasses can be taken to the officers at the Front Desk to be sent to the inmate. We’re not sure what status you are talking about, the bond or the ankle monitor? Or are you just asking if he’s alright? Central Records should be able to tell you if he has a hold for an ankle monitor and if a bond amount is now on his charge. If they don’t have that information yet you will need to contact his attorney to find out what is happening.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  27. Michelle

    Can my cousin pick up her property even if she might have a ticket / warrant .. Or can she have anyone else get it for her ? What permission will she need if so. ?

    • admin

      Michelle – A ticket won’t be a problem. A warrant will be. Call the Banking department at 210-335-6287 to ask if someone else can pick up the property for your cousin.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • admin

      Melissa – That’s a good question. One we haven’t gotten before. You probably need to contact Central Records at 210-335-6201 and ask them for the number to the evidence room. I’ve also heard of it referred to as the property room. Not sure which is the actual name. You will then need to call them to find out what you need to bring as proof to be able to get your gun back.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • admin

      Heather – If the ex-inmate needs a picture to take to DPS they can get one from the jail but that’s about the only help that the jail offers.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • admin

      Blan – Contact the Banking department at 210-335-6287.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • admin

      Jazmin – You can go online to find a blank form but the person giving you power of attorney needs to sign it.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  28. Crystal

    My husband is in Bexar County on a 60 day sanction to get back on probation it’s a low level felony case he’s a trustee would he qualify for the 3 for 1 or 2 for 1?

    • admin

      Crystal – We believe trustees are getting 3 for 1 at the current time but that all depends on him not getting into any kind of trouble at the jail.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  29. Bryan

    I was released from the Annex 4 days ago and my wallet and hat were at other location. Would really appreciate to know the address or phone number to contact. Thank you

    • admin

      Bryan – We’re not sure what location you mean. You should call the Front Desk at the jail at 210-335-6300 so they can tell you where your property would be.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  30. Liz

    My son was arrested and car that he just bought got impounded title not in his name the deputy had it put in property room now he’s getting run around about getting title by officer sparks and property room to get it back to get car from impound.

    • admin

      Liz – Well that does seem to make sense that they would not give the title to someone who is not on the title. Does he have any kind of documentation he can show that will prove he bought it? You may need to ask the original owner to get the title out for him. If you don’t want to do that then you may have to consult an attorney.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • admin

      Ruben – You need to contact the Sheriff’s Administration Office.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  31. JG

    Is there any way the jail would be able to mail the inmate belongings to the person who is authorized to pick it up? I don’t live in the town and wouldn’t be able to make it Monday- Friday due to my work hours

    • admin

      JG – I doubt they will do that but it’s not impossible. You need to contact the Banking department at 210-335-6287. They are a 24/7 department. They can let you know if your request is possible.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

  32. Robert

    How long will banking hold my property? I only had a cell phone. I was arrested 03/04/2019 and just recently got out of ISF. I wanted to know the likely hood of retrieving my belongings since my family did not pick it up. I have no warrants and will pick it up myself. Is there a fee associated with this?

    • admin

      Robert – I believe they only hold it for 30 days. You need to contact them at 210-335-6287. They are a 24/7 department. I don’t know what their policy is for someone on ISF.

      We would like to ask our readers to help spread the word about our website. Please recommend us to people you know. Thank you.

    • Renee

      Banking hold property for 90 days. Clothing holds property for 25 days. There is no fee for picking up property at the main jail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *