Central Records is the main department you will probably deal with.  They handle inmate information which includes looking up sid numbers, charges, warrants and various other information.  They also sell items like offense and traffic reports, verifications of incarceration and criminal histories.  If you need to be fingerprinted for your job they do that too.  This department has a wealth of information which is a good thing because just about every other department will transfer their calls there.  Sometimes even before a single word has left your mouth.

To get inmate information from Central Records you will need to have either a sid number or the inmate’s name and date of birth.  They are capable of looking up the information by name only but if there is more than one person with that name they won’t know which one you are looking for.  They don’t even tell you that’s an option probably to avoid upset people if the wrong information is given out.

A main thing I like about this department is that the phones are still answered by people.  I’ve tried getting information from other large detention facilities and ended up having to go through tons of recordings.  A problem they do have is their phone congestion between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.  If you call during those times you may be on hold for a while.  As it works towards 5:00 pm the wait time starts getting shorter.  If you can, call during off hours to get through quicker.  Central Records is open 24/7 for phone requests about inmate information.  If you need to go there in person they are open to the public from 8:00 am – 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday except for holidays.

Central Records:  210-335-6201

Ask a Question or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.


  • Arleth  On March 27, 2016 at 2:09 am

    How long does it take for a person to be on the system, trying to call to see if someone was arrested….

    • admin  On April 9, 2016 at 4:57 pm

      Arleth – The booking process can depend on several things. How busy they are. What the charge is (if the person is drunk they will let them sober up some before they process him). A person is usually booked within 6 to 8 hours.

  • Cassandra  On April 24, 2016 at 7:22 pm

    My fiancé was recently arrested and he asked me to try to get his offense/incident report from bexar county sheriffs department. How would I be able to obtain his police report and would they even release it to me?

    • admin  On June 3, 2016 at 10:19 pm

      Cassandra – If it’s available for release they will release it to you. Sometimes it takes a while before the officer turns it in.

  • Crystal  On June 11, 2016 at 11:21 pm

    Hey, my cousin was booked into the County Jail… I was wondering if you can find out what she’s in there for??

    • admin  On July 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm

      Crystal – Call Central Records at 210-335-6201. You will need her name and date of birth or her sid number.

  • claudia  On July 5, 2016 at 9:46 pm

    how do i find out if i am on inmates visiting list without going to jail

    • admin  On July 10, 2016 at 12:04 pm

      Claudia – You can write him a letter asking him to put you on his visitation list and to write back when he has done it. Other than that you will have to go to the jail to see if you are on the list. They do not release that information over the phone for security reasons. You will need governmental picture identification such as a driver’s license, when you go. You can call Central Records at 210-335-6201 to find out what his visitation days are.

  • L.M  On July 20, 2016 at 6:50 am

    Husband went to report Parole. Didn’t make it out As I waited Federal Agent approaches the vehicle and hands me wallet and 62.00 then continued to let me know Husband has Federal warrants and that they will be taking him…. Didn’t have any answers… Lost have been searching for Husband on line,I’ve called Wackenhut was told not in system went online but his old info pops up released 05/23/2007… Does anyone know how Federal Arrest work?

    • admin  On July 22, 2016 at 11:45 pm

      L.M. – Call Central Records at 210-335-6201. Ask them for the phone number of the local U.S. Marshal’s office.

  • rosie  On November 10, 2016 at 10:18 am

    If my husband is here illegally can I still bond him out?

    • admin  On November 16, 2016 at 10:11 pm

      Rosie – You can post bond on his regular charges but he will have an immigration hold and will not be able to get out even after you posted bond on the other charges.

  • Erin  On November 12, 2016 at 12:07 am

    How do u Find someone that was arrested! And there mugshots and record…my dude want to see his

    • admin  On November 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm

      Erin – To find someone who is in the Bexar County jail you can call 210-335-6201. To get his mugshot he would have to request it.

Post a Comment

Required fields are marked *